The original Hot Chocolate Mexican Recipe; Preparation Time 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking Time : 10 – 15 minutes. Serves four persons.
- Melted dark chocolate for lining ¼ cup
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh red chili, deseeded and slit 1
- Soya milk 4 cups
- Coffee powder 1/2 tablespoon
- vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 pinch
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) 2 tablespoons
- Brandy 8 tbsps.
Heat the soy milk and ¼ cup melted chocolate in a deep non-stick pan. Stir well. Add coffee powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and red chili, stir to mix. Then add salt and mix well. Cook for a minute and discard the chili. Line the inside of 4 individual glasses with a little melted chocolate and set aside. Add castor sugar in the pan and mix well. Now pour the drink into the individual glasses. Heat a metal spoon. Add 2 tbsps. brandy in it and let it flambé. Pour it on one glass. Repeat the procedure for the remaining 3 glasses. Its ready; Serve immediately.